창녕 용흥사(지)의 역사와 의의

History and Significance of Yongheungsa Temple in Changnyeong
  • 황인규

초록

Yongheungsa Temple was an important temple in the Biseulsan area of Changnyeong, but is now gone. Related literature records include Donggye Gyeongil, a Buddhist monk's ritual for Byeokam in the late Joseon Dynasty, and the writings of Nam Yoo-yong, a civil servant. This document records a brief foundation, especially the reconstruction and death of King Sukjong, King Yeongjo, and King Jeongjo after the Imjin War. Yongheungsa Temple was founded by Silla's high priests. After that, the only record of Yongheungsa Temple in the Goryeo Dynasty was that a monk, Hyocho, and others originated in 1177 (the 7th year of King Myeongjong's reign) and cast incense burner. It seems that it was called Yohangsa Temple in the middle of the late Goryeo Dynasty by the monk's cabinet and the believer Kwakhang, but it seems to have died during the Imjin War after the policy of paying back in the early Joseon Dynasty. In 1614 (the 6th year of King Gwanghaegun's reign), Buddhist monk Jihye saw the site of Yohangsa Temple and deplored it, and reconstructed it into Yongheungsa Temple and 6 hermitages for 20 years. From 1631 (the 9th year of King Injo's reign) to 1651 (the 2nd year of King Hyojong's reign), Buddhist monks and sagyeong rebuilt Daeungjeon Hall and others. The governor of Sukjongdae, Jonghye and Eomgong, reconstructed and became a general forest on the west side of the Nakdonggang River. According to the excavated inscription, Cha Myung-ryong and his wife gave a testament to Yongheungsa Temple in 1694 (the 20th year of King Sukjong's reign), and at that time, the timber of the Yongheungsa building was used to build Yeonamseowon in 1695 (the 21st year of King Sukjong's reign). In 1705 (the 31st year of King Sukjong's reign), Yun woo-gap, a writer from Changnyeong, built Jukrimjae Pass, came to Yongheungsa Temple, wrote poetry, and left behind. As such, Yongheungsa Temple was newly added to "Yejidoseo", a geographical feature of the late Joseon Dynasty. In the Buddhist painting of Donghwasa Temple in Daegu, Yongheungsa Uigyun participated in the Buddhist painting. Meanwhile, according to records on the ritual of Pyochungsa Temple in Miryang, from 1749 (the 25th year of King Yeongjo) to 1813 (the 13th year of King Sunjo), the monk Seonil and the monk Sunhaeng in Yongheungsa Temple in Changnyeong participated more than 10 times. According to Yejo's official document in 1826, Yongheungsa Temple was made the main hall of Princess Hwaryeong, the princess of King Yeongjo. Affiliated hermitages included Simjeokam, Eunjeokam, Geungnakam, Jangnaeam, Namam, and Bukam. During the Japanese colonial period, records of the appointment of the governor of Changnyeongsa Temple appeared in the official gazette of the Japanese Government-General of Korea, and only the site remained and disappeared.

키워드

Yongheungsa Temple in ChangnyeongKeukrakam templeBiseulsan MountainYohangsa TempleMonk Donggye-gyeongilPrincess Hwaryeong.창녕 용흥사극락암비슬산요항사동계경일화령옹주
제목
창녕 용흥사(지)의 역사와 의의
제목 (타언어)
History and Significance of Yongheungsa Temple in Changnyeong
저자
황인규
DOI
10.31968/hae.2024.11.39.199
발행일
2024-11
저널명
역사와교육
39
페이지
199 ~ 222